We have resources to help you be prepared in the event of an emergency. Auckland Emergency Management has helpful online resources(external link):
We have planning guides and advice for:
During an emergency you need to listen to the radio for instructions
We will broadcast over these stations during an emergency:
- 1314 AM Radio NZ
- 101.3 FM Radio NZ
- 945 kHz AM - Talkback ZB
- 585 kHz AM - Radio Ngati Porou
- 90.9 FM - ZGFM
- 98.1 FM - Radio Ngati Porou
- 98.9 FM - More FM
- 94.8 FM - Radio Live
- 91.7 FM - Turanga FM
- 88.5 FM - Uawa
Only use the phone in emergencies. Also:
- Look out for your neighbours and elderly folk.
- Know how to turn off your power, water and gas.
- Look at the last yellow page in the centre of your phone book for your community emergency centre.
- Know what the threats are - and what they will do to you.
- Don't go sightseeing.
- Plan how you will survive without power, phone, food, water and the emergency services.
- Know what you will take if you have to evacuate.
Do you know your neighbours, would you like too?
Get to know your neighbours, and make a plan to help one another Get Ready, Get Thru if or when there is an emergency.
Check out the links below for ideas:
View Get Ready Get Thru(external link) TV and radio commercials on video, and resources for the blind and partially sighted, deaf and hearing impaired and preschool resources
Get Ready Get Thru(external link) this website will show you how to get ready so you'll get through the different disasters
Visit the website for Ministry of Civil Defence(external link)