We have resources to help you be prepared in the event of an emergency. Auckland Emergency Management has helpful online resources(external link):
We have planning guides and advice for:
During an emergency you need to listen to the radio for instructions
We will broadcast over these stations during an emergency:
- 1314 AM Radio NZ
- 101.3 FM Radio NZ
- 945 kHz AM - Talkback ZB
- 585 kHz AM - Radio Ngati Porou
- 90.9 FM - ZGFM
- 98.1 FM - Radio Ngati Porou
- 98.9 FM - More FM
- 94.8 FM - Radio Live
- 91.7 FM - Turanga FM
- 88.5 FM - Uawa
Only use the phone in emergencies. Also:
- Look out for your neighbours and elderly folk.
- Know how to turn off your power, water and gas.
- Look at the last yellow page in the centre of your phone book for your community emergency centre.
- Know what the threats are - and what they will do to you.
- Don't go sightseeing.
- Plan how you will survive without power, phone, food, water and the emergency services.
- Know what you will take if you have to evacuate.
Do you know your neighbours, would you like too?
Get to know your neighbours, and make a plan to help one another Get Ready, Get Thru if or when there is an emergency.
Check out the links below for ideas:
Get Ready Get Thru(external link) this website will show you how to get ready so you'll get through the different disasters
Visit the website for Ministry of Civil Defence(external link)