Customer service charter
Gisborne District Council staff are committed to providing outstanding service to all our customers.
Committed to our customers
You can expect us to:
- treat you with courtesy and respect
- give you a timely and accurate response
- apologise if we make a mistake, and we put things right
Our commitment to you, our customer
Here's our commitment to you:
- we respond to you promptly, whether you are at the counter, on the telephone, or contacting us by email, on the website, or mail or fax
- we fairly interpret and apply the laws, bylaws and regulations
- we ask you, how well we are doing and how we can improve our performance
- we survey 10 percent of all 'request for service'. We ask you to rate our response time, quality of service and the feedback you received. You can rate us excellent, good, only fair or poor - we also welcome suggestions for improvement to our service
- we show how well we met our service standards in the latest Annual Report
What you can do when things go wrong
We value your feedback on how we can improve our service:
- we are committed to quickly remedy any unsatisfactory service, and prevent similar problems from reoccurring
- If, despite our best efforts, you remain unhappy with our service, you can make a formal complaint. Contact us for our formal complaint process.
We always welcome your feedback.