Here are ways to pay council rates and invoices.
Rates online - by credit and debit card
Pay your property rates online with a Visa or MasterCard credit and debit card. An additional surcharge fee of 1.9% or minimum $3 applies to each transaction.
Easy pay your rates by direct debit
Set up weekly, fortnightly, monthly or quarterly payments. Fill in an Easy Pay application form
Dog registration is due by 31 July each year. You can apply and pay for new registrations. You can pay:
- here online with a credit or debit card
- electronic bank transfer - quote the code on the invoice
- in person at customer service in Fitzherbert Street or Te Puia Springs
Here's our bank account details, please add details in the reference field as below.
- Bank = Westpac
- Account = 03 0638 0502288 00
- Name = Gisborne District Council
- SWIFT code = WPACNZ2W - for overseas payments
In the reference fields please say what the payment is for:
- Rates - quote valuation number/s
- Parking ticket - quote ticket number
- Dog registration - quote ID, Dogs, surname
- Camping permit - quote name on permit
- Resource consent - quote RC deposit, surname and road name
- LIM - quote surname and LIM
If you have an invoice please quote the invoice number and your surname.
Mail - post a cheque
- Gisborne District Council, PO Box 747, Gisborne 4040
- 15 Fitzherbert Street, Gisborne, Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5pm.
- Te Puia Springs service centre, Mon - Fri 8.30am - 4.30pm