Draft Fees & Charges for 2019/20
Have your say on the proposed fees and charges for 2019/20.
Council adopted the recommendation to increase fees and charges up to a maximum of 30% in some areas and other fees will increase to the rate of inflation at 2.12%.
The proposed charges reflect the true costs of each individual service, to ensure the person benefiting from the service is charged accurately rather than costs falling on the general ratepayer.
The proposed major changes to fees include:
• Cemeteries fees have increased between 7–9%.
• Resource Consents - 2 new fees for record retrieval and cancel consent charge.
• Building Services fees have increased higher than the rate of inflation to recover actual costs. Increases have been capped at 30%.
• Environmental Health Services registration fees have increased and capped at 30%.
• Animal Control dangerous dog fee has reduced to the standard registration as set by legislation.
• Theatres on-charging of electricity costs has increased and may be updated at any time during the year based on actual costs that Council incurs.
Fees and charges documents
Download the Draft 2019/20 Fees and Charges [PDF, 635 KB] - the changes in fees are clearly set out.
Have your say
Submissions are now closed
A hearing will be held in June and the document goes to Council for adoption on 27 June. Fees for 2019/20 apply from 1 July 2019.