About this site
This site is owned by the Gisborne District Council, New Zealand.
Our contact details for the Gisborne District Council.
Gisborne District Council respects your privacy and complies with the Privacy Act 1993.
The Privacy Act sets out 12 information privacy principals dealing with the collection, holding, use and disclosure of personal information, and the assigning of unique identifiers. The principles also give you a right to access information about yourself and to ask for it to be corrected.
For more detailed information please refer to the Privacy Act 1993 and its amendments.
You can visit any part of the Gisborne District Council website without identifying yourself in any way, unless you use our email online forms. If you provide personal information we will:
- only use that information in our dealings with you
- keep that information secure
- not disclose that information to any third party.
Unless otherwise stated, copyright for all information on this site belongs to the Gisborne District Council.
Anyone can print individual pages and download a single copy of the material on this website for your personal, non-commercial use. Where material is being published or issued to others, the source and copyright status must be acknowledged, and Gisborne District Council’s url www.gdc.govt.nz must be clearly displayed. When displayed in an electronic format, this url must be a live hyperlink.
Unless otherwise stated, all content available on this website is our exclusive property and is protected by the Copyright Act 1994 (New Zealand), trademarks or other intellectual property rights and laws.
At times this website may contain documents or links to documents that are copyright protected by other organisations or individuals. Permission to reproduce these copyrighted documents will be required from the copyright holders concerned.
To make enquiries about using material from this website please contact us
Gisborne District Council has made every reasonable effort to ensure information on this website is as accurate as possible. However:
Council does not guarantee that:
- website users will have uninterrupted or error-free access to, and use of, the website
- the website or any files available for downloading will be error-free or free from viruses, faults or defects
- the content of the website is accurate, complete, or suitable for a particular purpose. Website users must rely on their own judgment.
Gisborne District Council has made every reasonable effort to ensure environmental information is as accurate as possible and updated as stated. However, council does not guarantee that:
- users will have uninterrupted or error-free access to, and use of, the information
- information will be available for updating at the stated intervals
- environmental data is accurate, complete, or suitable for a particular purpose. Website users must rely on their own judgment, especially where decisions relating to the safety of life and property are concerned.
Contributions to our site may be moderated by Gisborne District Council moderators. Those moderators may decline to publish contributions or may modify contributions if they are considered to be obscene, defamatory, illegal, threatening, an invasion of privacy , objectionable or irrelevant to the subject-matter of the post.
Gisborne District Council reserves the right to:
- moderate user-generated content, and/or
- remove offending content, and/or
- ban abusive commentators.