Use of this website
Gisborne District Council owns and operates this website.
By accessing or using this website and any online services, you are deemed to have accepted Gisborne District Council's terms and conditions of use. These include the terms and conditions set out in this page, together with any applicable terms or conditions on other parts of this website relating to any information content or online services.
Gisborne District Council may make changes to this website, online services, or to its terms and conditions of use at any time without notice.
You agree that your use of this website and any information and online services will comply with Gisborne District Council's terms and conditions and with all applicable laws.
Online services means any services Gisborne District Council provides online through this website for users to access, including for the provision of certain information, bookings and applications and processing transactions and payments.
Registration for online services
Some online services are only available to users who register for those services or for access. You must provide current, complete and accurate information as part of any registration application. Gisborne District Council may reject an application for registration.
If you register for such online services or access, and are issued with a username and password, you will be responsible for any use of online services and this website through use of your username and password, and must keep your username and password secret and secure.
Transactions (including payments) through online services are binding on you.
You should keep a copy of any transaction confirmation for your records.
You are entirely responsible for the accuracy of all details, including debit and credit card details, you provide in relation to transactions you make through online services.
Termination of your online services registration
You may terminate your registration and use of online services by submitting a request that Gisborne District Council deletes your registration (including your username and password, if applicable).
Gisborne District Council may terminate your registration and use of any online services and this website immediately without notice if in Gisborne District Council's opinion you have breached any of Gisborne District Council's terms and conditions, or your use is unlawful, unauthorised, dishonest, or inappropriate.
Any termination of your registration and right to use online services and this website will not affect any rights or obligations which have accrued prior to termination.
Information sent electronically
By using this website and any online services, you agree to provide information and documents in electronic form and to the standards (and in the form) required for the relevant transaction, and you agree to receive information and documents from us, including in electronic form.
If someone submits or requests information on your behalf, we will treat that person as your agent and assume they have your consent to submit the information, make the request, and to receive information and documents from us in electronic form.
The material provided on this website is either owned or licensed by Gisborne District Council and is subject to copyright law.
You are not permitted to copy and sell or exploit for commercial purposes, any material on this website.
You are permitted to access, view, print, and copy the material on this website for non-commercial personal or internal business purposes.
You may also reproduce material on this website free of charge and without further permission, so long as you:
- do so for informational purposes
- reproduce it accurately
- do not use it in a misleading or derogatory context
- acknowledge that the information is sourced from Gisborne District Council and is subject to copyright.
However, registered and unregistered trademarks, logos, and service marks used on this website and the online services (which are owned by Gisborne District Council) must not be used without specific prior written permission of the owner.
Gisborne District Council has made every reasonable effort to ensure information on this website is as accurate as possible. However, Council does not guarantee that:
- website users will have uninterrupted or error-free access to, and use of, the website
- the website or any files available for downloading will be error-free or free from viruses, faults or defects
- the content of the website is accurate, complete, or suitable for a particular purpose. Website users must rely on their own judgement.
Gisborne District Council has made every reasonable effort to ensure environmental information is as accurate as possible and updated as stated. However, council does not guarantee that:
- users will have uninterrupted or error-free access to, and use of, the information
- information will be available for updating at the stated intervals
- environmental data is accurate, complete, or suitable for a particular purpose. Website users must rely on their own judgement, especially where decisions relating to the safety of life and property are concerned.
Disclaimer of liability
Given the changing nature of the weather, and the inherent hazards of information technology systems, equipment, sensor and electronic communication, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in information contained in this site. Accordingly, the information on this site is provided with the understanding that the authors and publishers are not engaged in rendering professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional competent advisers. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should consult a professional.
While we have made reasonable attempt to ensure that the information contained in this site has been obtained from reliable sources, Gisborne District Council is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. All information in this site is provided "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
In no event will Gisborne District Council, its contributors, directors, officers, employees, or agents be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information in this site for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to: procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, tort (including negligence or otherwise) or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
This disclaimer of liability applies to both isolated and aggregate uses of the information and applies to any damages or injury, whether based on alleged breach of contract, tortuous behaviour, negligence or any other cause of action, including but not limited to damages or injuries caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, and/or theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of any record.
The user agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless, Gisborne District Council, its contributors and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of the use of the information by the user or on the user's account.
If the user finds any errors or omissions, we encourage you to contact us.
Disclaimer and exclusion of liability
This website is provided for your use 'as is'. Your reliance upon and use of this website, its content and any online services, is entirely at your own judgement and risk.
Gisborne District Council has made every reasonable effort to ensure that this website, its content and the online services:
- contain current, accurate and complete information
- function correctly
- are available to and accessible by you and that access is uninterrupted;
- are provided through a secure website
- are free of errors, defects, viruses, malware or other harmful components
- do not infringe any person's rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Gisborne District Council excludes and disclaims:
- all representations and warranties of any kind (express or implied) in relation to this website or the online services and the content, information and services provided on or through this website or the online services including, without limitation, any implied warranties of:
- satisfactory quality
- fitness for purpose
- freedom from computer virus or malware
- the availability of this website
- the accuracy or completeness of information
- or non-infringement
- all liability for any loss or damage arising from the direct or indirect use of, or inability to use, this website, its content or the online services (including where you view, access, download, use or rely upon content, or link to this website or the online services), or from the corruption or loss of any data, inaccurate data entry or the interception or 'hacking' of data by unauthorised third parties
- all responsibility and liability for the security of your username and password for any online services, or for online services, activity conducted in connection with your username and password (whether authorised by you or not).
These terms and conditions and any matters or disputes connected with this website or any online services will be exclusively governed by and interpreted in accordance with New Zealand law, and dealt with by New Zealand courts.
If you have any feedback or comments about this website or the online services, or if you have any concerns about the accuracy of information or material contained on this website, contact us