You can exercise your dog in the following areas around Gisborne city and Wainui.
You must keep your dog under control at all times in a public place.
Don't forget to pick up your dog's droppings.
Dog friendly exercise areas with no leash required
You can exercise your dog without a leash as long as you keep them under continuous supervision and control.
- Midway Beach and foreshore from Pacific Street to Waipaoa River
- Ayton Park - corner of Balfour Road and Aberdeen Road
- Coldstream Road Reserve
- Heath Johnson Park - the strip on Paraone Road side of park
- Nelson Park - area adjacent to the footbridge
- Wainui Beach - except during school and public holidays
See the map below, the green pins show these areas.
Exercise areas on a leash
You can exercise your dog off the leash between 6am - 9am or on a leash any other time, at:.
- All city and Wainui beaches except during public and school holidays. Dogs are prohibited between any 'swim between the flags' areas.
|Alfred Cox Park||Awapuni Stadium - exercise areas|
|Atkinson Street Park||Ballance Street - road end reserve|
|Blackpool Street Reserve - on the Childers Road side||Centennial Crescent Reserve|
|Fox Street - road end reserve||Fitzherbert Street - road end reserve|
|Grant Road Reserve||Hall Street - road end reserve|
|London Street Reserve||Titirangi Reserve - Kaiti Hill|
|Nelson Park - other than the area adjacent to the footbridge||Reynolds Creek Reserve - Childers Road through to Blackpool Street Reserve|
|Sheehan Street - road end reserve||Stafford Street - road end reserve|
|Waikirikiri Reserve||Waikanae and Midway beaches to Pacific St includes walkways|
See the map below, the purple pins show these areas