If your household or business has been hit hard by Covid-19 we have rates relief options that might help you.
We can work with you on a suitable payment plan that works within your budget. If you agree to a payment plan, there'll be no penalties until 1 July 2022.
Defer your rates payment for up to 6 months
If it’s likely you'll still be in difficulty, you can ask to defer your rates.
This means no rates payment required for up to 6 months. No penalties will be applied but there will be low-interest payments at approximately 4.5% on the amount of rates deferred.
To apply, please use the online form below.
To apply to defer you rates, you must agree to the terms and conditions below
- You will provide evidence of at least a 30 percent reduction in income for a period of at least one month compared to the same period in 2019 or 2020. This may include evidence from my/our bank, accountant or employer.
- You have circumstances resulting from Covid-19, other than a 30% reduction in income, that should be taken into consideration to defer rates. I/We understand this is assessed on a case-by-case basis and agree to provide details.
- You agree to a payment plan, up to 12 months, to pay my rates after the end of the 6 month deferment.
- You agree interest will be charged during the 6 month deferral time frame. The interest charged (approx 4.5%) on the amount of rates deferred.
- You will provide the evidence of income needed for my application within the agreed time frame when you contact me.
You may be eligible for a rates rebate of up to $665, here's more information on the rates rebate scheme
For the remission of rates, see the rate remissions information and application forms
We're here to help
For any rates assistance, please contact our rates team on this form.