We encourage local farmers and growers to enter the Ballance Farm Environment Awards. The main goals of the awards are to:
- celebrate farmer and grower achievement
- showcase good practice to other farmers and growers
- share positive farming and growing stories with other audiences
There's many benefits to entering:
- have your business evaluated by a team of respected and experienced peers and agribusiness professionals
- receive a holistic view of your business including environmental management, productivity and profitability
- celebrate success with your peers and community
- receive feedback and recommendations to support your sustainability journey
- join the BFEA community and continue to connect and learn from others across the country
- have the opportunity to mentor and develop other farmers and growers.
About the Ballance Farm Environment Awards
The New Zealand Farm Environment Trust formed a partnership with the Gisborne District Council and the Hawkes Bay Regional Council to bring the competition to the East Coast region.
Local farmers and horticulturists who are both top producers and environmental managers have the opportunity to participate in the prestigious NZFEA. For previous award entrants and categories at Ballance Farm Environment Awards
How to enter
Entries open 1 August each year. Register online Ballance Farm Environment Awards