Tairāwhiti 2050 is Gisborne District Council’s vision for the region for the next 30 years. Shaping the future of our region, we call this our spatial plan, a document that:
- States our region’s major challenges and how we’ll tackle them.
- Outlines our shared aspirations for our region’s future wellbeing and what we expect to achieve by 2050.
- Aligns the strategies and plans of Council, government agencies and other organisations to enable collaboration.
- Sets direction for regional planning and development, decision-making and investments.
- Maps out where critical infrastructure, transport connections and development will occur and where there are constraints.