Kia hiwa rā, kia hiwa rā!
E rau rangatira mā, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou katoa. Tēnei te karanga kia tuku tono mai mō ngā tūranga hou o Te Tarati o Te Tairāwhiti.
The Gisborne District Council has the role of selecting and appointing trustees to Trust Tairāwhiti.
The team at Populous People have a long and proud association working across the communities and economy of Te Tairawhiti region.
We are managing the search on behalf of Gisborne District Council for two trustees for Trust Tairawhiti. And we are really keen to hear from you if you feel you have the commercial acumen, governance experience and the affinity, networks, links and relationships to see the communities, iwi and hapū of Te Tairāwhiti flourish.
Trust Tairāwhiti is the regional development trust for Te Tairāwhiti region. The Trust has a vision that the people, whānau and communities of Tairāwhiti can live the lives we value in ways that matter to us.
The Trust was established to:
- Preserve the value of the capital of the Trust fund.
- assist in the development of a more positive, prosperous, and attractive community.
Trust Tairāwhiti is the 100percent shareholder of Eastland Group and administers around $963 million in total assets. He Rangitapu He Tohu Ora – The Tairāwhiti Wellbeing Framework provides the Trust with a guiding set of outcomes for all funding and operational decisions.
Trust Tairāwhiti deliver this kaupapa in three ways:
- Enabling others through grant funding - by supporting initiatives that will deliver community wellbeing impact and outcomes.
- Investing capital, including via Eastland Group. Preserving capital is essential for the financial sustainability of the Trust. Finding a balance between the amount available now and retention for future generations remains a critical consideration.
- Delivering targeted operations on behalf of the region - Trust Tairāwhiti brings our community trust, economic development agency (EDA), and regional tourism organisation (RTO) together under one roof to better assist the wellbeing of our people, the success of our businesses, and the future of our region.
We are looking for expressions of interest from applicants that are passionate about representing the interests of the community as a whole. Ideally you will have:
- exceptional financial, business or commercial acumen
- strategic leadership, governance and risk management experience
- a sound professional judgement and decision-making skillset
- strong networks, links and relationships to the communities, iwi and hapū of Te Tairāwhiti.
In making this appointment, we will also be looking to ensure the right balance of diversity is added to the collective decision making around the Trust table.
Please apply directly with your curriculum vitae and cover letter to Rachel Cornwall at Populous People, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Rachel on 0272 565620 to discuss and learn more about these two far reaching and significant governance opportunities. It is envisaged appointments will be made by 28 June 2023. We are keen to engage quickly in this process.
Applications close Monday 5 June 2023.
Please do make contact with Populous People at your earliest convenience to learn more.
Name: Rachel Cornwall
Phone: 0272 565620