Development Engineer Information

Find maps and more information on requirements and procedures for engineering approvals.

Every development requires safe access to the public road network with a vehicle crossing constructed between the edge of the road and the private property boundary.

Where the public road is sealed, all vehicle crossings are to be built on a base of crushed aggregate called basecourse and then sealed or concreted:

  • Between the edge of the road and the property boundary in urban areas
  • Between the edge of the road and the property boundary or up to 8m in rural areas

Where the public road is unsealed, vehicle crossings shall be constructed of compacted basecourse.

Vehicle crossing shall not impede the flow of stormwater in roadside drains or kerb & channel. If you need help to determine the size of a culvert (if one is needed), please contact Council’s Development Engineer on

Vehicle crossing widths are as follows:

Site lines:

Distances from intersections:

Distances of vehicle crossing serving a single site:

Further information can be found via the following links:

All shared accessways for all commercial, industrial, and residential development (excludes rural zones) shall be sealed.

Accessway width:

Depends on the nature of the activity and the number of users see rule and table below:

Access for emergency vehicles is required on all private accessways.


All accessways, access isles, parking and maneuvering in all commercial, industrial zones shall be sealed.

All shared accessways in residential zones shall be sealed.

Shared accessways for permitted activities in rural zones are not required to be sealed.