We encourage buskers to occupy the black circles on the footpath in the CBD or use private land.
If you're busking outside a premise, you need to get permission from the premise owner or staff to busk.
You also need to comply with the following:
- no amplified music.
- keep noise to a reasonable level at all times.
Complaints often occur due to the volume, type of music, or when the appeal to the public is lost.
- no offensive actions or language
- don't obstruct pedestrians
- avoid busking in the same place for too long
- do not solicit or canvas for donations.
If you're selling food, you need a licence to sell food.
Complaints about buskers
If we receive a justified complaint, we'll ask the busker to stop or move on.
Contact us if you have a complaint.